Question:
Anyone know if Ryan Air is as good of a deal as it looks?
bobfather15
2006-02-10 14:49:27 UTC
They offer plane tickets through their website at really low prices. It just seems to ggod to be true though? Whats the catch?
Eight answers:
mark_darcy
2006-02-11 00:24:38 UTC
Ryan Air operates a no frills airline. They make money by being very efficent at what they do.

Be aware that the air ticket price comprises Ryan Air's price plus the airport taxes. If you book well ahead and can be sure when you want to travel there are plenty of bargains to be had.

If you haven't flown to your destination before, check where the airport actually is in relation to the destination (some are quite a distance away). Regardless, there will always be cheap transport to the destination.

Don't be surprised if you get charged for excess baggage.

Also make sure you have the correct form of Photo ID otherwise they won't let you travel.

In summary, the budget airlines like Ryan Air and Easyjet etc really do offer bargains, just take care to read the small print and don't assume anything.
Pontac
2006-02-11 11:39:05 UTC
Sure it is.

I answered a question for someone want to know the cheapest way to get from London to Dublin and Ryan's fare - when I checked - was 5 pence to travel in March. Book it now, and thats what you'll pay. Try booking in March and it may be 5 pounds or 15 pounds. Even their high prices are low.

There are limited seats at those very low prices. If you go back the following day the price may have changed. They are adjusted according to demand. They'd rather fly people than empty seats.

But they are a strictly frills free airline. Govt taxes must be added, there is low baggage allowance, they started charging 2.50 for checking in baggage. Don't expect free drinks or food on board.

But for cheap fares they are hard to beat.
jps
2006-02-15 13:08:56 UTC
Have travelled by Ryan Air and easyjet. They are both good, reliable and verrrrry cheap. Ryan air many times flies from airports rather distant from the cities so some extra travel time is required, but connecting buses etc. are always available. So, no issues. I dont need a breakfast for a one hour flight anyway so no sweat. They do offer some snacks/drinks for purchase on-board. You can carry your own as well.
2014-02-11 21:01:00 UTC
There is no catch, they just offer really great prices. I highly recommend them. I booked a flight for my son to return to the Uk from a visit to friends and he missed it. I explained to Ryanair that I couldnt afford a new ticket and he has no place to stay and they put him on the next flight just charging the difference in cost which was just 10 euros.
bonairetrip
2006-02-13 07:38:45 UTC
Yes and no. I prefer BMI and/or Easyjet.

Two issues: they fly from less popular airports so be sure and include costs getting to/from the airports. For example, BMI flies in/out of heathrow (on the tube line) while Ryan does not.

Second, when things go bad, they seem to go very bad. But if you have patience and time, they are a deal!
2006-02-11 03:16:54 UTC
It is incredible. The catch is that you need be extremely flexible. I know a guy who retired early and flies all over Europe on Ryan Air. He has the time and can fly whenever they have a deal.
?
2006-02-10 22:56:16 UTC
they're pretty good, just a discount airline like easyjet etc. they offer a no frills service. It works fine as long as there are no problems, as soon as there is everything falls apart, not like BA etc. who seem to have a backup plan. On the whole though, they've been pretty reliable and I've always found them to be better than easyjet
nyITguy
2006-02-10 22:53:03 UTC
I have never flown it, however I have been in Dublin airport many times and have ALWAYS noticed how low the prices were. Just wish they flew TransAtlantic flights.