Question:
What is the best time of year to travel to London when the weather is nice?
rahrah1076
2006-04-05 13:51:47 UTC
I would like to travel in October, but I am unsure of the typical weather during that timeframe
Seven answers:
StopfordianJud
2006-04-05 13:57:27 UTC
October can be damp and miserable. Probably the best time if you want to be outdoors is our summer, July, August,

September, but be warned, there may be water shortages this year!

Try looking at the link below - you should be able to get an idea of seasonal weather (or try Tourist sites).
2006-04-05 23:33:31 UTC
I would avoid July / August. The weather is very nice then but there are major disadvantages. Everywhere is very crowded (due to school holidays). Accommodation is less easy to get hold of and there are less special offers. Another BIG downside is the "Tube" (underground train / subway). Not only is it very, very crowded, but we don't have air-con on the trains so it is VERY hot and stuffy.

The weather can be nearly as nice in May/June or September/ October. I'd much rather go then. Very hot doesn't always equal nice. Especially not in crowded conditions!
carina
2006-04-12 12:37:55 UTC
you'd be mad to come to London in July or August ... everything is crowded and overpriced ... sure the weather can be warm (hot even sometimes) but sunshine on car exhaust fumes = smog

May-June-September-October are better ... but the absolute best month has got to be January ... few other tourists, rock bottom prices for hotels, loads of sales in the shops
2006-04-05 13:55:45 UTC
October isn't bad but this is England, it will probably rain on a few occasions. The best time of year to go is July and August.
usdeeper
2006-04-06 07:42:15 UTC
May or September.

April and October can be cold and rainy, but ok at a push.

June might be ok.

July and August - avoid. The UK do not have AC as standard. If it hits 80f, you will REALLY feel it.

Also, kids are still in school in May and September.
Pinoy
2006-04-05 13:54:39 UTC
October is getting cold, hot weather is June/July
?
2016-12-18 18:18:29 UTC
the climate in London is problematical to decide and can selection plenty from twelve months to a minimum of twelve months. On stability i think of the suitable time could in all hazard be August because of the fact a brilliant form of Londoners have long gone on holiday and subsequently the transport device is extremely much less busy. it is likewise the main probable time to be heat...nicely that's been advantageous so some distance this week...apart from a splash rain at present :)